Cellular broadband networks have become a viable option in situations where hardwire connections are inconvenient or costly to provision. In addition, the benefits of 4G and LTE are significant, and as 4G equipment becomes more available, 4G mobile broadband will enable many applications such as networking solutions.
Enterprises are also using secure high-speed wireless connections as backup or as a primary line to fixed line communications. Network solution providers are deploying wireless broadband for:
- Business continuity services
- Fixed access services for residential, home offices, businesses, ISPs
Download Networking Solution Overview brochure
NetComm uses the Telstra Turbo™ Gateway, with a Sierra Wireless AirPrime MC Series embedded wireless module, for 3G connectivity.
AirLink MP mobile routers provide 3G connection and WiFi hotspot for an entertainment company
Integrating AirPrime 3G modules, NetComm's routers help the Australian Bureau of Meteorology keep watch on tsunamis.
Sierra Wireless advantage
Sierra Wireless has solutions that help you deliver reliable, cost-effective wireless connectivity over 3G/4G cellular networks for mission critical applications.
The only technology partner you need for end-to-end applications
From ruggedized embedded modules, gateways and routers, software suites, and development tools to services platforms, Sierra Wireless is the only company that can offer all the technology components you need for building end-to-end networking applications.
Simplify integration and deployment
Get solutions to customers and new markets faster with open, proven technologies that allow rapid design and easy integration, with a services platform that enables fast deployment and cost-effective maintenance and support.
Be assured of reliability, long product lifespan, and persistent network connections for mission-critical communications. Sierra Wireless products are built to withstand extreme temperatures, humidity, and vibration. They have been proven in the field by emergency services and first responders.
Credibility with wireless carriers worldwide
Leverage Sierra Wireless credibility and long-standing relationships with leading wireless carriers to facilitate network certification and connection.
Sierra Wireless solutions for Networking
AirPrime™ Embedded Wireless Modules: a comprehensive range of cellular wireless modules that can be embedded into security applications.
- AirPrime MC Series: Latest generation of 3G/4G air interfaces tailored to your broadband applications, available in commercial grade and industrial grade to sustain rugged environments, or with voice capability to support residential consumer CPE requirement.
AirPrime MC Series offers a unique set of features to extend your product functionalities:
- Robust firmware designed and tested to ensure reliable communication performances even in extreme network condition
- Data and Voice capabilities
- State of the art Linux SDK development tools for easier and faster time to market integration
AirLink™ Intelligent Gateways: Designed for applications where reliability and security are essential. AirLink devices offer flexibility, programmability, low total cost of ownership, and are powered by ALEOS® Embedded Intelligence for cellular session persistence, robust remote management, control and configuration.
- Raven XE Gateway: A rugged communications platform, ideal for security applications requiring broadband connection.
- GX440 4G LTE Gateway: High speed 4G LTE gateway with Ethernet port. Supports high-bandwidth applications.
Download Enterprise Solutions Brochure
AirVantage™ Services Platform : Accelerate time-to-market and reduce risk. AirVantage Management Service reduce service costs with seamless over the air monitoring and upgrade of AirPrime or AirLink devices.
Professional services : Take advantage of our experience and expertise, from design to deployment. Be assured of network certification with our verification expertise and strong wireless operator relationships.